CapeCodFD.com SPECIAL FEATURE
[ Prev ] [ Features ] [ Next ] (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)
Remembering the Past
Old Cape Cod Firehouses page2
Cape Cod's earliest firehouse dates back to the early 1800s. Since then, quite a number
of stations have been built, added to, renovated, closed, sold, torn down, or otherwise retired
from service. This features takes a look back at some of these firehouses and there after life.
Eastham Fire Station built c.1960. This firehouse located right on Route 6 in Eastham served
as headquarters from 1960 until 2001 when a new station was built on the same location.
Photo c. 1990s.
Eastham Fire Station built c. 1960. 1990's photo.
Eastham Fire Station built c. 1960. Shown in photo mid 1970s.
Eastham Fire Station built c. 1960. This photo showing station
before living quarters were added on the left. Early 1960s photo.
Eastham Fire Stations. The building to the right of the fire station was
the original Eastham Fire Station dating back to 1946. That original
station served as living quarters during construction of the new station
in 2001, before the 1960s building was completely torn down. The
1946 station building remains today. Photo c.2001.
Eastham Fire Station built c. 1946. The original Eastham Fire Station.
Eastham Fire Station built c. 1946. The original Eastham Fire Station with the
first new fire Engine 1, a 1946 Ford / Maxim 500 gpm pumper.
Eastham Fire Station built c. 1946. Note the horn in the background.
Eastham Fire Station built c. 1946. Apparatus was squeezed in with little room
Orleans first fire house was built c. 1893 on the Cummings Estate, opposite
T.A. Smith's Store. No photo available.
Orleans Fire Station built c. 1925 at 44 Main Street. Today it serves as the Orleans
Community Center. Photo c. 2003.
Orleans Fire Station built c. 1925. County Brush Breaker No.3 was assigned to
Orleans. It was smaller than the others to fit into the small station. Photo c. 1950s.
Orleans Fire Station built c. 1925. The members of Engine 1 stand with their
1940 Buffalo pumper in front of the station at 44 Main Street.
Orleans Fire Station built c. 1925. The members of Engine 2 stand with their
1953 FWD pumper in front of the station at 44 Main Street.
Orleans Police & Fire Station c. 1960s. A new facility was built in the early 1960s
at Route 28 & Eldridge Parkway. The fire station was on the right and faced the street
to the right. photo c. 2002.
Orleans Fire Station built c. 1960s. This 1966 Mack was the first diesel pumper
on the Cape and was housed in this station until 1987.
Orleans Fire Station built c 1960s. Orleans apparatus on the ramp
in front of the Orleans fire-police station in 1960s. 1953 FWD,
1963 Maxim brush breaker, and 1966 Mack pumper.
Chatham Fire Station used from c. 1916 until c. 1954. The Eldredge Garage at 351 Main Street
served as Chatham's fire house until the fire station was built in 1954. Photo c. 2003.
Chatham Fire Station built c. 1954. The fire station on Depot Road was built
in 1954 and housed this new 1954 Ford pumper.
Chatham Fire Station built c. 1954. The 1949 Ford pumper and 1949 Ford
Panel Truck rescue truck are shown at the new fire house. This station is
still in use today as the Chatham Headquarters.
[ Prev ] [ Features ] [ Next ]
[ TOP ]