- COMM Headquarters Fire Station 1 - 

Breaker 316

1967 Maxim 6x6 Brush Breaker
250 gpm pump & roll - 1000 gallons
(diesel / standard)

[MF-xxxx] Placed in service 1967
Originally built by Town of Barnstable Forest Fire Department
Was assigned to the Osterville Station as Truck 216
Purchased by COMM FD in 1975 when TOB FFD went out of business
Became Breaker 16 (316)
Reassigned to Marstons Mills 1990-1996
Reassigned to Centerville 1996

Breaker 316 appears to have been quietly retired
in June 2015.  Age related mechanical problem are
no longer able to be fixed and the old girl has sadly
been put to pasture.


It appears the old 1967 Maxim Brush Breaker has quietly been retired
from service after 47+ years. The "Maxim" logo has been removed
and the truck has a number of age related problems that can no longer
be fixed. The truck was originally owned by the Town of Barnstable
Forest Fire Department and operated by the Centerville-Osterville
Fire District at Osterville for many years.
June 2015